::ethereal dreamer::

     

           
           
           
           

Hi! Welcome to my world, guys. Posted here are my not-so-daily journal.

Feel free to post any comments, suggestions, or questions!!

ABOUT ME:

Name: Arlin, aka.Ogi
Location: California (no more), in Bandung now
Birthday: 17 Nov 1982
Obsessions: having a life of peace, constant learning
Currently Reading: Bible, Le Petit Nicolas, Anna Karenina
Dreams: to have peace...and love

Tuesday, May 25, 2004


The sky was dark. A misty grey cloak draping the horizon, slowly settling on structures and concretes. A vast expanse of bleak veil. The driver was silent. The car engine droned in monotone litany as I looked around. Sounds from outside came in muted; surreal sounds in a surreal world. I saw buildings. I saw trees. I saw the road. I saw people. And the hazy air settled on everything, to corrode and pollute and transform. And I felt a numbed sadness. It's weird. How my eyes needed three full years to see the country with new lens. I felt... a dogged resilience, an almost primitive ignorance, a silent existence--wafted from the crowd, smirking through stained windows, mocking me, the 'civilized one', for being out of place. It's Midgard. The land chained to the Earth. Batavia. Then I saw trees, again. Cihampelas. And I still don't feel like I'm coming home. But realization creeps in. My place is here, bound by fate, sealed by birth, written by God; not in the shimmering land of abundance I'd left behind. City of flowers, Parijs van Java--swirling masses of milling people, a light sheen of existence barely visible but always present, fleeting images of Life. A safe harbor for the weary, a haven for the disillusioned. My home.
Rlynn wandered here @ 5/25/2004 06:01:00 PM
|