::ethereal dreamer::

     

           
           
           
           

Hi! Welcome to my world, guys. Posted here are my not-so-daily journal.

Feel free to post any comments, suggestions, or questions!!

ABOUT ME:

Name: Arlin, aka.Ogi
Location: California (no more), in Bandung now
Birthday: 17 Nov 1982
Obsessions: having a life of peace, constant learning
Currently Reading: Bible, Le Petit Nicolas, Anna Karenina
Dreams: to have peace...and love

Saturday, August 21, 2004
--Pi, toilet fan, and November girl--

When life is safe and stale, we contemplate Death. When life is threatened and precious, we flee from Death. --Life of Pi, Yann Martel World's biggest paradox. I was sitting in my bathroom today with a book (okay, I'm one of those people who read books while doing their business in there, but you do it too, don't you?) when something funny happened. I just suddenly noticed that the fan was unusually loud. I remembered thinking to myself "Hey, what's with the weird sound?...". But when I perked my ears and really listened, I realized there's nothing different with the fan. It's just me noticing, really noticing, its sound. Amazing how life forces us to acknowledge what we usually take for granted. Amazing, too, how fast things around us become a habit (considering I've only lived here for 6 months). (But why does it have to be in a TOILET? Why didn't this realization strike me while I was, say, driving 120mph on the highway and suddenly felt that the road was unusually wide?) This site has this meme about birth months. You cross out the descriptions that don't apply to yourself. Here's mine: NOVEMBER: Has a lot of ideas. Difficult to fathom. Thinks forward. Unique and brilliant. Extraordinary ideas. Sharp thinking. Fine and strong clairvoyance. Can become good doctors. Dynamic in personality. Secretive. Inquisitive. Knows how to dig secrets. Always thinking. Less talkative but amiable. Brave and generous. Patient. Stubborn and hard-hearted. If there is a will, there is a way. Determined. Never give up. Hardly becomes angry unless provoked. Loves to be alone. Thinks differently from others. Sharp-minded. Motivates oneself. Does not appreciates praises. High-spirited. Well-built and tough. Deep love and emotions. Romantic. Uncertain in relationships. Homely. Hardworking. High abilities. Trustworthy. Honest and keeps secrets. Not able to control emotions. Unpredictable.
Rlynn wandered here @ 8/21/2004 05:20:00 AM
|