::ethereal dreamer::

     

           
           
           
           

Hi! Welcome to my world, guys. Posted here are my not-so-daily journal.

Feel free to post any comments, suggestions, or questions!!

ABOUT ME:

Name: Arlin, aka.Ogi
Location: California (no more), in Bandung now
Birthday: 17 Nov 1982
Obsessions: having a life of peace, constant learning
Currently Reading: Bible, Le Petit Nicolas, Anna Karenina
Dreams: to have peace...and love

Friday, August 20, 2004
--quiet day--

It seems that my blog has become some kind of grumble-dump--I write only when I'm in a bad mood. Is that true? Don't want it to be that way. Once I had this thought about human nature; that people are destined to be happy. After all: When do people pray the most? When they're sad or in need. When do people run to their friends most often? When they're sad or in need. And it's easier to fake a smile than a frown. Because sadness, anger, need, and other negative emotions are foreign to us. We are unaccustomed to deal with them. But happiness is born inside us. A flame that might flicker but will never die. Hoping that all the people in the world would smile today. Watched 'Basic' (again) yesterday. I'm still amazed at the script writer and the director. How could they twist the story so much yet not missing anything? It's a REALLY good movie I'd recommend to anyone. I am now sitting in my living room, looking at the array of flowers hanging on the fireplace. It's so quiet, at first I wondered why. I forgot that I closed the windows yesterday to watch 'Friends'--the noise from the highway was deafening. Quiet, yet my mind is not. Why are we mortal? Maybe because we humans need closure in everything. We seek to have an ending. Infinity is reserved for all the things that we can't explain. Time, space, God... they're 'infinite', a label to excuse our 'finite' understanding. But me, I'm scared of closure. I'm scared of putting an end to things with my own two hands. I want to believe that I can always pick up where I left off, anytime anywhere. And always, when I finally reached an irreversible point where I can't end it anymore, I could only regret my ambiguosity.
Rlynn wandered here @ 8/20/2004 02:59:00 AM
|