::ethereal dreamer::

     

           
           
           
           

Hi! Welcome to my world, guys. Posted here are my not-so-daily journal.

Feel free to post any comments, suggestions, or questions!!

ABOUT ME:

Name: Arlin, aka.Ogi
Location: California (no more), in Bandung now
Birthday: 17 Nov 1982
Obsessions: having a life of peace, constant learning
Currently Reading: Bible, Le Petit Nicolas, Anna Karenina
Dreams: to have peace...and love

Tuesday, March 15, 2005
--romancing saga--

Mmm... I should update more often. Hahaha it's weird... I was updating more often when I was still at school. Now that I have nothing much to do, I don't even blog-walk that often... What is it, I wonder, what is it that makes girls and guys so different in their thinking, their feeling, their making sense of life, their doing their business around, basically their everything... Even those of us who are enlightened by the knowledge of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus", who know with our hearts that those differences have existed since primeval ages and we can't fight them, we still are prone to having quarrels caused by those exact problems? Is it in the brain? Is it evolution? Is it choice? There should have been a Romance 101 class--"The Battle of Hearts and Minds: Do Not Resist; Succumb to the Inevitable" Why do we girls lose every ounce of logic once we're faced with guy problems? The way we think is like those labyrinth puzzles. We try every possible way to reach the way out--only we deliberately refuse to walk out of it. We keep torturing ourselves with endless "what if"s. Love is a journey full of landmines and booby traps. You never know when you step on one. Love is a journey you take with your eyes blindfolded. You don't know where it'll take you. Or where it'll end. Love is a journey in uncharted territories. You can't plan your itinerary ahead. I have recently seen an example that sometimes you're faced with the dilemma of pursuing your own happiness at the cost of hurting others. And even the happiness might be a shadow that you're chasing--and you're forfeiting what you already have. But "the greatest risk in life is never taking a risk." It's just that, a girl is born with the curse of decision-making-inability. After weighing everything a thousand times over, somehow we manage to find an argument that goes against the solution, and the process is repeated a thousand times over... I'm going to Boston this Wednesday! Yay! (Not for interview this time ^__^) ...and followed by NYC. Somehow, I'm not too excited, though. Dunno... recently I seem to lose the drive and excitement of being alive. My days are just "mellow-mellow". What is it that I need to get highs? Not weed, surely? Maybe I need a change of environment... maybe like a... foreign country? ^o^ I've been too privileged, dammit. I think I'ma seriously consider working for UN as peace ambassador. Hafta contact Luigi. C'mon, motivation motivation!! 加油!!
Rlynn wandered here @ 3/15/2005 01:17:00 PM
|