::ethereal dreamer::

     

           
           
           
           

Hi! Welcome to my world, guys. Posted here are my not-so-daily journal.

Feel free to post any comments, suggestions, or questions!!

ABOUT ME:

Name: Arlin, aka.Ogi
Location: California (no more), in Bandung now
Birthday: 17 Nov 1982
Obsessions: having a life of peace, constant learning
Currently Reading: Bible, Le Petit Nicolas, Anna Karenina
Dreams: to have peace...and love

Monday, November 14, 2005
--The Golden Rule--

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I have tried to always keep this in mind, always observing what each individual does (to me, or to others) in a certain situation, and based on that, trying to accomodate his/her preferences in similar circumstances. Sometimes it's hard, though. Don't you think there's a catch somewhere there? What if, you don't like what A does to you, but you think: "Fine, that's how she likes it, I'll do likewise to her." And you followed the SECOND part of the golden rule: Do unto others as they would have you do unto them. And then A, seeing that you do the same thing to her, would think: "Oh, that's how she likes it done? Great! We're on the same wavelength!" And keeps doing unto you the thing you hate because she's also following the golden rule. Say, I like having a fancy dinner once in a while. But he doesn't. And I know he doesn't, so I never ask him to go. And if once in a blue moon he DOES ask me if I'd want to, I'd say "No" because I know he doesn't really wanna go. See? Then I'd end up never going. If it's reciprocal, and of course to create a better world it would have to be reciprocal, wouldn't half of the world get what they want, and the other half of the world get stuck with not what they want?
Rlynn wandered here @ 11/14/2005 12:01:00 AM
|